Latest CSR Stories
A Deep Dive into Philippine Art Forms
The Lopez Museum and Library teams up with the Ateneo Art Gallery to present two lecture series that deep dive into Philippine art forms and their iterations in contemporary practice. The lecture series is aimed at those interested in exploring the different movements that helped shaped Philippine culture today: from imagined worlds in ancient maps, to the introduction of film and Technicolor to Philippine theatres.
HIGHLIGHTS: Understanding Philippine Art Forms
Highlights is a lecture series focused on introducing different genres of Philippine art. Branching out from wall bound paintings, this lecture series also tackles film and theatre. Learn more about the media that permeates into our contemporary world.
- July 20, Saturday: Beyond Odalisques: 19th Century Women Artists with Dr. Eloi Hernandez
- August 17, Saturday: Social Realism with Lisa Ito-Tapang
- September 15, Sunday: Bodabil: From Stage to Screen with Dr. Nick Tiongson
- September 15, Sunday: Salvador “Badong” Bernal with Gino Gonzales
- September 28, Saturday: Post-War Cinematography with Nick Deocampo
- October 13, Sunday: Experimental Cinema with Nick Deocampo
- October 26, Saturday: David Medalla with Adam Nankervis
Saturday lectures will be held at the Ateneo Law School Justitia Hall, and Sunday lectures will be held at the Arete Creative Hub in Ateneo de Manila. This lecture series is a partnership between the Lopez Museum and Library and the Ateneo Art Gallery.
For inquiries please call 631-2425. Look for Yna.